Thursday, August 25, 2011

Running away

Jonathan and I are running away for the weekend. Ok, really we are just getting away for the weekend, but it feels so weird to be doing something so normal that it seems more like running away.

We are headed to Schlitterbahn tomorrow morning for a good chunk of the day. I think that is actually where we met for the first time when I was 13 and he was 16. We went with a group of his cousins and that was the last time either of us was there. Sadly, only about 1/3 of the park is open because school is back in. We really wanted to go after school was back in to avoid the crowds, we just didn't realize that they wouldn't keep the whole park open when it is still 107 outside. Sorry people, this is NOT fall.

Anyways, after playing at the park we are headed to Fredricksburg where we will be staying for two whole nights! I'm not even sure that I know what to do with myself. Holy crap, I might go nuts.

It is supposed to be extremely hot, so I don't know how much walking around we will do, but our bed and breakfast is just blocks from the main street and I'm sure we will find a vineyard or five to visit. I've never been to one, and I hear they have tastings.

We will head back on Sunday sometime after lunch. Or as long as I can take being away from this little dude.


In the mean time, Jack will be staying with my friend Rita for Friday and Saturday and then my mom is taking over Saturday evening and staying with him until we get back on Sunday. I'm not sure who I should worry more about, Jack, or the people taking care of him. I know that they are both perfectly capable and that Jack will have a blast with them. They know how to handle the diet and his meds, which is no small feat. But Jack has been getting up between 5 and 5:30 for the last 2 months now. He has one more week left of the med, and I hear it takes about 2 weeks after for them to fully adjust, but I don't think he is going to. He is just so used to getting up at that time and I don't see it changing ANYTIME soon. So yeah, Rita and Gigi are in for some early mornings... AND WE GET TO SLEEP IN!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment