Thursday, September 1, 2011

Seize Hope: The Month of Jack


When I was pregnant with Jack I stumbled upon a site called Baby Center.  They have message boards where pregnant women go to complain, find out tips to start labor and what to pack in their hospital bags.  I'm a part of a private group, one that you have to have a password to get into, of about 55 mom's, all with kids the same age as Jack.

The posts are far different now.  Now they are about potty training, the dog eating the poop off the floor after the kid decided not to go in the potty, a drunk post here and there (I don't know who that could be, ahem ahem), and even everyone's accent.

I have even met a few of them.  One lives right up the street and we get together for play dates on occasion, some that are not too far from Houston and we have met, but most have just been internet friends. 


These women have been a wonderful support when it comes to all of Jack's stuff.  So much so that they have deemed September "The Month of Jack".  They are spreading awareness all over the country.  They had wristbands made that say "seize hope" and I am having 4x6 cards printed up to go with them to spread awareness about TSC and epilepsy.  They are also doing daily facebook updates with facts about TSC and epilepsy. 

Here is what the bracelets look like!  I love that they are unique and draw the eye.  I have adult sizes and youth sizes.  The youth one would fit a child 5 or under quite well but might not work much past that age. 


Here is what the front of the card looks like.  I don't have these in yet but will hopefully get them soon. 


And the back of the card. 


I have already has a few people ask for some to hand out!  And of course that is awesome.  The point is to spread awareness and this has really given me something good to focus on in such a crazy stressful time.  So, if you would like to hand some out at work, or your children want to hand them out to their class mates, let me know!  I am ordering extras because I've had so much interest already so I should have plenty.

If you would like to make a donation in Jack's name to the TSAlliance, that can be done here.

We also have a trust set up in Jack's name to help cover medical costs and you can email me for more info on how to donate to that if you would like.

With all of that being said, no donations are at all necessary.  This is the month of Jack and the point is simply to Seize Hope! 



3 comments:

  1. Definitely bring some for us this weekend!! Also, email me the info about the trust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous group of babycenter peeps! I love the bracelets and the cards. The Month of Jack. You guys are never far from my thoughts and I am always saying prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sheryl, thanks for the update on here about this. Praying all goes smoothly and speedy recovery for Jack-a-roo! lots of love your way.

    ReplyDelete