Saturday, April 17, 2010

Green Gate Farm

On Friday my mom and I took Jack to Green Gate Farm. It's an organic farm just east of town. It's a bit of a drive, but well worth it. I would love to do their weekly veggie deal but I just can't justify driving that far every week. However, going there every few weeks is totally worth it.

First, Jack (and my mom) had a blast.


Also, the produce are amazing. We got eggs, ground lamb that was AMAZING, garlic, kale, and a bunch of other stuff that I can't even remember right now.

However the animals were the highlight of the trip. Jack wasn't sure what to think of the pigs.

But he was thrilled with the baby goat. She was about 6 weeks old.


My mom had to feed everything out there, but this little one wanted to be scratched. Until she saw the bottle!

It was a fun trip. And we're going to try to go there at least once a month over the summer to get more veggies and eggs. And the black pig is going to have babies so we need to see those when they come too!

3 comments:

  1. If you did want the weekly share, I could collect it for you. They deliver to our neighbourhood on Tuesday afternoons. Then you could get it from me later that day or sometime on Wednesday. I'm a bit closer than the farm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, but I think we're going to have a ton of veggies from the IL's too and I'm not sure what to do with both. I think we'll stick with just driving down there once a month or so. It was fun and with the toll road it was only about 30 min.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know when you're going. Kate loves it out there too.

    ReplyDelete