Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Purple Day, 2013

March 26th is known as purple day.  It was started by a young girl in Canada who has epilepsy.  She wanted to spread epilepsy awareness so one young girl started something for all of those who suffer from epilepsy.  You can read more about her story at www.purpleday.org

 Of course I wear purple for this amazing little dude!


 His strength and courage and ability to just deal with what life hands him is amazing.  He has taught me more in the last 4 years than in my previous 30 combine.


(Yes, my belly is getting huge.)

I also wear purple for our friends.  Friends who we probably wouldn't have met if we weren't on this journey, but friends who I treasure.

Epilepsy kills 50,000 a year.  Epilepsy is underfunded.  Bottom line, epilepsy sucks and we need a cure, better treatments, and for people to understand how wide spread it is.

This little guy, and all of his friends deserve a cure! 


No comments:

Post a Comment