Sunday, March 17, 2013

My favorite things

I am just going to skip over the fact that it has been a few months since I've posted.  There is a lot going on, including a pregnancy that I am approaching the end of and the poor second child is already not getting the attention the first did.

However, I started this post a while back and want to finish it.

Jack is at such a fun age right now.  He is talking up a storm and his little personality is just adorable.  That being said, I wanted to write down some of my favorite things about this age, so that I don't forget them!

* When we go to ride the train he says, " one uh Mama, one uh Jack" when we get the tickets.

* He insists on helping us make coffee in the mornings.   He also likes to help make pancakes.  The other day I was making him some keto chocolates and though he couldn't help (because of the hot stove) he decided to help by doing the dishes.  He pulled over a stool to the sink and started washing away.  Of course I had to re-do them all, but it was sweet.

* He gives Baxter giant bear hugs and then a kiss.

* If I am leaving, he will blow kisses and say, "lots of kisses".

* He will do the sign for 'I love you' and say "I love you.  Hook em horns!".  He will also stick his little thumbs up and say "gege aggies".

* He is making up his own jokes now, which is frightening!  Like this:



* If he goes to the other room to get something, he will hold up his little finger and say, "I'll be right back" before he runs off.  I don't know where he got that, but it's adorable.

*He has starting bargaining.  He will ask for "two more minutes" or "one more strawberry", and it's really hard to tell him no.

* "I need a hair cut" is a common phrase that he says.  It always makes me sad when we cut his hair, because he looks so much older, but he likes it short.  *insert mama sniffing*

We have been working on potty training for months.  Months and months and months it seems like.  I have given up on pushing him and just decided that he will do it when he is ready to.  He wears undies at home some and so we do a lot of laundry.  We sit on the potty on a very regular basis, but that is about the extent of it.  He KNOWS what to do, he just hasn't made up his mind that he is going to do it.  He went in the potty at school at the very beginning of October and then had success the other day at home on Thursday, March 14th, so 5 months between.  So while he did actually ask to sit on the potty today, I'm not holding my breath.  I will just say that I am so not looking forward to have 2 children in diapers when one of them is going to be 4.

And yes, he turns 4 in two weeks.  I know that I say it every year, but I can't believe how big he is.  He talks about being a big brother but I tell him that he is still mama's baby!

I need to do a post about our big family vacation that we took not long ago to Cancun, but for now, I will leave you will a preview of my favorite picture.


2 comments:

  1. Dear Sheryl,
    Just wanted to let you know that I'm so glad that you are all doing well.
    I've been reading your story for a while now and its been inspirational. Little Jack sounds like a bundle of sunshine and you are an amazing mom!
    Thank U for describing everything so well and for being so positive, it gave me strength and hope during our own bumpy tsc roller coaster ride. My 18 month old (only) daughter was diagnosed when she was 3 months due to seizures.
    Wishing you all the best, from Amsterdam, Europe,
    Marice

    ReplyDelete
  2. "More nuts please!" "Ellie pull Jack's shirt" "Ellie's Daddy Ribs. . . or chicken" Those are my favorite Jack phrases :)

    ReplyDelete