Wednesday, July 20, 2011

September 21st, 2011

is the date of Jack's 1st surgery.

I know that I owe a post about how we got to this point, what has been going on with his health and all of the tests. I have been taking care of a child going through a med change though so I never really know what my day holds for me. Sometimes he's a perfect little angle, and other times he's a cranky toddler who doesn't know what he wants or needs. Thankfully he's always a sweet little guy, even when he's grumpy.

Long story short, he is a surgery candidate. It is currently scheduled for the 21st for them to go in and place EEG leads directly on the surface of his brain and then hook him up and monitor him for 5 days. It may not take that long, it all depends on how many seizures he has and when. But based on what they find, they will determine exactly what they need to remove and then the surgery to actually remove the seizure center is scheduled for the 26th, but that date is flexible.

I am excited, nervous, hopeful, and terrified all at the same time.

We meet with the surgeon and our neuro on September 6th for our pre-op stuff and to ask questions. When I asked our neuro if this was the point that they start prescribing high doses of xanax for the parents he just laughed at me... I was only partially joking!

1 comment:

  1. I am nervous and hopeful too! Our little Jack-A-Roo having a big surgery. eek! Lots of prayers.

    ReplyDelete