Monday, May 30, 2011

I'm done being fat

See, I told you that I had a lot of posts brewing in my head!

It is really depressing to wake up every day and have to put on maternity clothes (when I haven't been pregnant for more than 2 months) because nothing else fits. 13 weeks of pregnancy really changed my body, and it sucks, and it's not going away. I refuse to buy fat clothes, it's just a waste of money. At least maternity clothes are comfortable.

But yesterday I ripped my favorite pair of pants and I wanted to cry. A friend stitched them up, but it still sucks. My other favorite pair got ripped too, but the crotch basically blew out on me. Thank God I was home when that happened. Always wear underwear people!

So anyways, I decided that I'm done being fat and that desperate times call for desperate measures.

Two weeks from today we leave on the house boat trip on Lake Travis. I am determined to fit into my swim suit from last year and not have to wear a maternity suit on the boat. I really like the one from last year and thankfully the maternity one is getting too big over the last few weeks.

I've been doing a low carb diet now for about 2.5 weeks and I've lost 8 lbs. If I can lose another 8 by the time we hit the lake, I will be a happy camper. I won't diet much while we're on the boat, but I will get right back to it when we come home.

Back at the beginning of the year both Jonathan and I really cleaned up our diet. We went lower carb than we had been doing and started meal planning again. It makes a HUGE difference if we have a plan of attack. But shortly after that I found out I was pregnant and even though we continued with that, I still gained a little weight. Not much, only about 7 lbs total in the 13 weeks, but the shape of my body was, and still is, completely different. I'm at the weight I was before getting pregnant and none of my shorts or pants fit. Even the massage therapist that I see at the chiropractors office mentioned that he thinks my hips haven't gone back to where they should be, like my body hasn't completely gotten the message that I'm not pregnant anymore.

Anyways, at some point I realized that I only had about 6 weeks before the boat trip and immediately cut out everything but protein, veggies, only berries as fruit and coffee. A few day after I did that I went full out and even cut out the higher carb veggies.

I was surprised that the transition wasn't difficult, I think because we had cleaned up our diet so much already, I was just tired of not actually losing any weight, even while I was eating well.

So there you have it. My goal is to lose 50 lbs. A lot of the health problem I've been having (ie: back pain and knee pain) I think will drastically improve with the weight loss. I still haven't been able to exercise because of those thing, but I'm hoping to at least be able to do some wii fit during nap time in the next few days.

I'll keep you posted on how thing are going and might even include a recipe or two on occasion.

3 comments:

  1. Rock on with the 8 lbs! Whoo Hoo!!!!! Glad to hear you didn't cut the coffee. That would have been horrible and just well, horrible. Rock on Sheryl! I am almost post-partum 2 years. Yes, years and I think my maternity suit is the only one that fits WAH! Have you ever checked out SparkPeople.com? I love that website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stick to the Vodka. No carbs in vodka!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go!! I've been stuck at the same weight since Christmas, and the weird thing is that my size has fluctuated at that weight. I blew out the back pockets on my favorite jeans last week, so I feel your pain there! If it makes you feel any better, I was at work when they ripped and had to walk around the rest of the day with my cardi tied around my waste like an idiot.

    ReplyDelete