Sunday, February 20, 2011

Round 2

I've been debating about how to write this blog post for a while now. I've even started it a few times and it just never looks right.

So, here it is. A few weeks ago we were surprised to find out that I'm pregnant. We are still somewhat in shock, but it is wearing off. I'm horribly sick and have morning sickness morning, noon, and night. And I'm exhausted. I now nap every day with Jack and on the rare occasion that I don't get to nap I can hardly hold my head up for the rest of the day.

I had my 1st appointment on Monday and everything looked good. EDD is October 2nd. Baby has a strong heart beat and there is only ONE, thank God.

I'm feeling sick and overwhelmed mostly. I really don't know how I'm going to be able to take care of Jack and all of his needs plus a newborn. EEK! Thankfully, a lot can change in 6 months.

Jack hasn't been sleeping well, which doesn't help matters. We are debating about switching him to a big boy bed in hopes that it helps. But I'm worried it's just going to make it worse. Being up 1-5 times a night doesn't help the whole tired thing either.

Ok, I'm headed to bed now. The 1st sono isn't much of anything to look at, so I'm not going to post it, but we have our 12 week sono in a few weeks and should have some good pictures from that.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Yes, finding out you are pregnant while in the midst of the Toddler phase is overwhelming, I'm sure. But think about how excited Jack will be to be a big brother! I'm curious, given Jack's condition, is there any way to have in utero tests done on the baby to see if s/he would have the same condition? Would that be helpful or too stressful for you? I'm not sure I would want to know unless it would really help prepare me in terms of expectations. So happy that your family will be expanding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only way to know for sure would be to do an amnio, which I don't want to do.

    We will be doing a high level heart sono at 32 weeks to make sure baby doesn't have any heart tumors and then blood work after baby is born.

    ReplyDelete