Monday, May 31, 2010

We went down to Port A for the holiday weekend to start a new family tradition. We were there with my dad and his girlfriend Mary, my brother, sister-in-law, and toddler Grace. It was a good time, but the mosquitoes were hell. I tried to take Jack on a morning walk and got 63 bites. I'm still itching like crazy. Jack had a good time at the beach. But on the second day a guy pulled 3 sharks out of the water right where we were swimming. They were small and they generally stay away from people, but there were a ton of people there and yet he pulled 3 out on one morning.

That look on my face is, don't get that thing any closer to my child. And Jack is just ready for a nap.


Jack wasn't a huge fan of the sand, but he loved swimming in the ocean or maybe I should say the shark infested waters. But he had a blast. He was not a fan of the sand though. He kept wanting to chew on all the sand toys but didn't like the sand in his mouth. And he would rub his eyes and get sand in them, it was all a big mess.



These 2 had a good time hanging out together.


And Jack LOVES his cousin Grace. She was upset and he was trying to comfort her. He would try and make her laugh, he would look at her face and try to help her, and he would hug her. It was adorable.


And then he tackled her. He is a boy after all.


We came home a day early because he wasn't sleeping well and was having a ton of seizures. I don't think Jonathan and I could have taken another night like that. He did great in the car on the way home though, which was awesome.

And speaking of seizures, we have a surgical consult tomorrow. Because the meds aren't working they are talking about cutting out the parts of Jack's brain that are causing the seizures. How the hell they are going to do that without putting me under too is another question.

No comments:

Post a Comment