Friday, May 7, 2010

Go Arizona (and ramdom updates)

First, I must give a huge shout out to Netty and Jameson! Netty is a friend in Arizona and her little boy Jameson is Jack's age. They walked and raised money for Jack at the TSC walk last Saturday. They raised $150 in Jack's name and Arizona raised $30,000 for TSC.


There is still a lot to do for our walk. The Houston people decided to drive to Dallas and walk with us there so that's one less city but more walkers with Jack. But we added one too as Jonathan's sister and brother-in-law and our niece are going to be walking in San Antonio. There isn't an official walk there but they have t-shirts and are helping to fund raise and are going to walk for Jack too. So there is still Colorado, Dallas/San Antonio (on the same day) and Oregon. I think ours in Dallas NEXT WEEKEND is the next one.

I've just about got all of the shirts ordered but as soon as I think I do, more people say that they are coming and I have to add to the order. It's a good problem to have! And we're doing great with the fund raising. If you haven't donated yet, there is still time. http://www.firstgiving.com/jack-a-roo And for those of you who have donated, thank you very much, you're support means a great deal to us.

In other Jack news, he's going through a med change. The lamictal was making him cranky all the time and it wasn't stopping the seizures. He was still have an average of 2/day and he would almost always have one in the morning. It was odd. But today is the second day on the new med and he hasn't had any in the last day and a half!!! While that is very exciting, I want to gouge my ears out with a dull object. The poor kid is miserable. Anytime we mess with the dose of the lamictal he gets fussy. So we're doing that, plus we're adding a new med, and he's teething.

It's hard to sort out what the crying is coming from. And when I say crying I mean red-in-the-face, throw himself on the floor, snot running out of his nose, crying. It's like having a 1-year-old with colic. And it goes from the time he wakes from his morning nap, until he goes to bed at night. It breaks my heart to see him so upset for so much of the day. If we're outside he goes into dull moaning mode which is at least an improvement, but when it's so hot late in the afternoon we can't stay out for long.

I saw a lump in his gums while he was screaming bloody murder and I'm pretty sure that he's getting a molar in. He's had a fever off and on of about 100.4 for over a week. I even took him to the doctor last week to get his ears check and the doc said that everything looked good. So yeah, it's been a rough week. Hopefully it will get better soon. Thankfully the weekend is coming up so that I at least have some help.

And at the beginning of the week my laptop crashed. After buying another hard drive, it's back up and running. I have more space for more pictures now. And yesterday my car exploded. Ok, that may be a tad bit dramatic, but we had to have it towed from the house to the shop. Jack and I met Jonathan at the gym down south for swimming and lunch (the only time Jack wasn't screaming yesterday). After I asked Jonathan if he heard a rattle that I heard. Then on the way home things stared to happen. Long story short, a bit of smoke was coming from under the hood by the time we pulled into the drive way. I'm anxiously awaiting the call from the mechanic and praying that it's not going to cost us an arm and a leg. I love that jeep.

I think that's it for now. I'll have some good zoo pictures to post soon. (The lap top crashing has slowed that down) We drove down to Houston on Monday to meet some friends at the Houston zoo and had a blast and we're driving to San Antonio tomorrow for a zoo trip there. 2 zoo destination trips in one week. It's a lot, but it's been fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment