Tuesday, November 3, 2009

An update on Jack

Jack is completely off his meds! He's in a much better mood and it's so wonderful to finally have my happy baby back. He was sick last week, but still in a better mood than when he was on the meds.


He's still not sleeping great but some nights are better than others. Last night he was only up once but that one time he was up, he was up for an hour. We're waiting until this weekend to make sure all the meds are out of his little system before we do any kind of sleep training.


We see the neurologist next Wednesday and we're hoping for a clean bill of health. I'm wondering how likely it is that these things could re-occur. We have the crazy expensive meds in our refrigerator and we're hoping to have to find someone to donate them too (though I think we should try and find a UT football player to sell them to.)


Jack continues to develop perfectly and is crawling everywhere now. That started a little earlier than I had hoped, but better early than late. He loves to try and chew on shoes so we're having to do keep things a little more picked up around here. And I'm so tired of finding his toys in the back yard that the dogs have been banished to the kitchen during the day. And speaking of the kitchen, I still need to post before and after pictures of our floors. There's so much to do.



Anyways, back to Jack. He is so proud of himself for figuring out how to go from crawling to sitting. He can go, he can stop, he can sit, and he can drool. Oh the drool, or I suppose I should really say the spit. He blows raspberries all the time, and he really loves to do it as soon as I put food in his mouth. I now wear a robe when I feed the little booger. He's not a big fan of solids. I'm planning on getting a video of it soon to hold against him later in life.

Halloween was fun. We just went to a little festival in Shawn and Kelly's neighborhood but we got to see them and Grace. Grace was a cow girl so Jack was her cow. I have a ton of costume pictures though so I'll post those soon. They are all super cute.


1 comment:

  1. He's so cute! Is he reading Chicka Chicka Boom Boom? That was my favorite book as a kid. Anyway, I'm glad to hear he is doing better and off the meds. I hope you get a good result from the neurologist.

    ReplyDelete