Sunday, July 19, 2009

Bluebonnets

(Originally posted April 17th, 2009)

Here are a few pictures I took yesterday. Lots of people comment on how great my pictures are, and these did turn out great. There are just a few things you should know about how I get such good photos.

1st - I take a TON of pictures. I took a total of 40 pictures during this shoot and I like 4 of them so roughly 10% turn out. And that's an extremely high %.

2nd - The camera and lens do matter. And just having them isn't enough, you have to know how to use them. I'm no expert, but I have a good basic understanding of what mine can do. I know there's more that I don't understand yet but I do have a general understanding of how it works. Also, take that camera off of automatic mode and use natural light. Both make for better picture.

3rd - Editing is half the art form. Getting good pictures into the camera is only 1/2 the battle, getting them to look good out of the computer is another. I have 2 different editing software programs and sometimes I use both of them to edit one picture. For example, this is how one of the pictures looked coming out of the camera.


And after running it through 2 different software programs, I got this.


Okay, enough with the lesson, now enjoy the cuteness!



No comments:

Post a Comment