Sunday, January 1, 2012

So long 2011

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out! 

For us, 2011 had some awful times.  The big ones that stand out are that we lost a baby that is still very much missed and Jack's only semi-successful brain surgery. 

We had one glorious month of seizure freedom, but that was it.  I was hoping for a couple of years at least.  Even just 2 years without them would have been wonderful.  I know that another tuber is likely to become active, I just didn't expect to see them return so soon.  It was, and is, crushing.  No way around it.  We're already back into the meds, EEG's, and doctor's calls.  (More on all of that later.)

Looking back though, I can't say that 2011 wasn't a bad year.  It has had it suckiness, but overall we are all still okay.  Jack is awesome and sweet and amazing.  I'm still having female issues related to losing the baby and we are just praying that they can be worked out right now.  Jonathan and I are still married, and if we could make it through the stress of a miscarriage and brain surgery on our boy, I think we can make it through just about anything.  And we have people who love us and support us. 

In 2012 I plan to cherish every happy moment I get with my family.  The simple joys of having meals together, all 3 of us snuggling in our bed together, and every new word and developmental inchstone that Jack accomplishes.  The huge advantage of having a child with delays or special needs is the little things that come naturally to most are worked for and cherished so much.

I also plan to lose about 50 pounds so I can kick some ass. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh Sheryl, I know it has been such a hard year. Lots of hugs! I feel so blessed to know you and Jack and I love celebrating those milestones with you all. Jack is so wonderful and caring and you are such a dear friend. May 2012 be a better year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2012 is going to be a good one. I feel it in my bones. I know that a miscarriage is something you never really get over, and I can't begin to empathize with everything you guys have been through with Jack this year, but I can tell you that you guys are a huge inspiration to Randy and me. You remind us just how precious the little moments with our kids are and why we had kids in the first place...to love and support them for who they are and not who we wish they were. We love you guys more than I can say!

    ReplyDelete