Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Big boy bed!

So let me just state for the record, that I was right about him needing a bigger bed. Jack is sleeping SOOOOO much better now. When he was still in his crib, he was waking up several times a night and would sometimes be up for over 3 hours at a time. We would have to go in 2-3 times a night minimum. It was killing me, especially being pregnant and already being exhausted from that. But for over a week now, we haven't had to go in. He has been up very early a few days, like 5 am early, but I would much rather get 5 or 6 straight hours of sleep than be up 3 times a night. The "little" guy just needed room to stretch out.

So, here is him in his bed!


He LOVES it. From the second they put it up, he was all over it. I put him to nap in his crib, which was still up, and he did well. That night we were planning on putting him in the crib again, just so he could get used to it being there, and he climbed right into his big bed and went to sleep. It was the easiest bed time in months.


The first 2 naps in the new bed took a while to get him to sleep. But now I can lay him down and leave and he will eventually go to sleep without fussing much. And bed time is much easier too. He was so ready to be a big boy. *sniff sniff* Because lets face it, I was ready to leave him in that crib until he was 8 if he was sleeping well in it.

And I really like the furniture too. It's very dark, black actually, and we (AKA: I) need to pain a few shelves. We also still need to move his seizure cam and get it set up to record again. But overall, it's awesome.


And yeah, Jack though it was pretty funny that daddy can fly.

Thank God for better sleep.

And me... I have had one heck of a time recovering. I was told 1-2 days and I'd be back to normal. 1-2 days my ass. It's been 2.5 weeks and I'm still working on it. I won't go into the gory details of one afternoon last week, but lets just say I had to call Jonathan home shorty after he got to work and it ended in an emergency trip to the OB's office to make sure that I wasn't hemorrhaging. Then we had Jack's birthday party, which turned out well (pictures to follow eventually). And then my back went out completely.

Staying at home with a 35 lb toddler who doesn't always follow directions well with a back that doesn't cooperate, hasn't been easy. From what I've read, this could very well be related to the surgery and my body trying to get back to "normal" or how my body is just reacting to stress. I don't know and honestly I don't really care, I just want it fixed. I've gone to the chiropractor twice and had a therapeutic massage which was extremely painful, but I'm really hoping that I feel better in the morning.

Oh, and phantom kicks while my uterus goes back to it's normal size are just cruel.

3 comments:

  1. 35 pounds, are you serious? Wow... Dorian is 23 lbs. Your poor back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Jack's big boy bed! Now I want to get Jonah one like that. So cool. That's awesome that he did so well in it. Praying that your back gets fixed up ASAP and that you continue to recover (physically, mentally, and emotionally). Hugs.
    Emily from RMs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know I could fly, either, until just recently. Now should I use these powers for good, or for evil?

    ReplyDelete