Monday, November 15, 2010

A good reason to have a blog

So Wednesday I went out to dinner with a friend. We had a great time but I got home late. I went to check my email before I went to bed and in the middle of it the whole computer just froze. It also sounded funny. I had to force a shut down and when I tried to re-start it, I got nothing.

To make a long story short the hard drive is dead and it is un-recoverable meaning all of my pictures from the last 10 months are gone. I have a few, very few in places like face book, walgreens.com (from having pictures printed) and here on the blog. None of the pictures are full sized, they are all much smaller, but at least I have something.

I'm missing his 1st birthday, baby George, our TS walk, my friend Rita's wedding, the list goes on and on.

I keep telling myself that being home with my baby, spending my days with him and him having his mama to care for him is much MUCH more important than having stuff. In this case the stuff being a large back-up hard drive to avoid things like this happening. Because those hard drives are about $300 and we have medical bills out the wazoo, and a crazy diet that is super expensive, and a child that is growing very quickly. I could work and we could have the money to buy things like a big hard drive, but then I would have pictures that someone else took and I would miss the experience of my baby. At the same time, I can't pretend that I'm not upset by it. I love taking pictures and this blows.

My daddy has already told me that he is getting us a time machine (back up hard drive from Apple) for Christmas so hopefully we'll avoid this in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment