Thursday, March 4, 2010

11 months old

Dear Jack-a-roo,

You are now 11 months old. I often find myself wondering where my tiny baby went. You tend to do big things the day you turn a month older and this month you took your first step. Aunt Kelly was here and you were excited to see her. I put you down, you stood, stepped towards her, and fell into her arms. It was a shaky, wobbly step, but it was your first and I'm so excited that so many people were here to see it.

You are a moving fool. You are into everything and everywhere and I wouldn't want it any other way. People see you and say, "wow, you have your hands full" and yes I do. They are very full and that's exactly how I want it. Trying to put clothes on you is like trying to put a sweater on a cat and trying to change your diaper has become almost impossible. Seriously, it's like wrestling an alligator. And sometimes you end up like this:


This last month you saw snow for the first time. It's rare here in TX and it was the most snow we've had in 6 years. Every time we come home from somewhere you throw a fit if you don't get to sit in your swing in the front yard. That day I had you bundled up and I put you in the yard. You tried to feel the snow with your hands but they had gloves on them so you did the next logical thing, stuck your face in it. The look you gave me after you tasted it was priceless.


Later that afternoon your GiGi came over and she pushed you around the yard in the recycling bin so technically you've been sledding too.

Your favorite activity by far is swimming. You are a fish! You have no problem going under water, holding your breath, or kicking. Daddy even says that you swim better than he does. You have no fear which means we have to watch you extra close. You are so excited every time you get to go swimming, it's awesome. I can't wait for summer time so we can take you to the lake.

I have lots of video of you swimming and I'm trying to edit it all together. We'll see if I can figure it out. It's so cute and impressive that it's worth me struggling with it to put together.


We also finally got a diagnosis as to why you are having seizures. We are told that you won't grow out of them and while that's a hard thing to hear, you handle them like a champ. You just go on as if they are no big deal and I'm trying to learn from you and do the same. I write them down, and go on. I don't make a big deal out of them because I don't want you to think they are something to be afraid of. There are a lot of frightening statistics with TSC but we're focusing on how amazing you are and how well you're doing. You are the light of my life and you will forever be my perfect little man.

love,
Mama

ps - If I'm crying a lot in the next month it's because you are going to be a full year old. I'm overjoyed and sad and have a lot of emotions mixed into it. Sorry, it's what mom's do.

2 comments:

  1. I am also bracing myself for the one year mark. I never thought I'd cry about it but now I find myself welling up all the time! Cameron also loves to swim and I think it's so great we can expose them young. Perhaps they are the next Olympians?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh!! This makes me miss him so much! I can't wait to see my big boy in a few more weeks!!

    ReplyDelete