Saturday, January 9, 2010

Hook Em' Horns

First, I got a new camera lens for Christmas!!! I'm very excited about it as I can now take decent pictures inside our house with poor light. I love love LOVE the new lens. I'm still learning how to use it to it's fullest potential, but it's amazing.

Second, the longhorns went to the national championship game last week. I was very excited and though that it would be an excellent game. Unfortunately Colt McCoy, our star quarterback, got hurt at the very beginning of the game.

It went down hill from there. The back up quarterback was a true freshman meaning he's sitting the bench and fresh out of high school. Next year he will be considered a freshman quarterback because it's his first year of actual playing.

To make a long story short, our start quarterback didn't get to play his last game and lead his team to a national title, and the back up freshman got thrown into a situation that he totally wasn't prepared for. It was bad for both of them.

The first half wasn't good. But I must say that our defense did great. However our offense didn't move the ball at all. In the second half our offense made a big come back and our little quarterback was doing much better, but it was too little, too late. We got it to a 3 point game and I thought we had a chance but then he fumbled the ball with only 3 min left.


So yeah, it sucked and we lost. But Jack is totally cute in his outfit.

2 comments:

  1. Oh! What kind of lens did you get? I just got a 50mm 1.8 and I looove it!

    ReplyDelete