Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas!

I love Christmas. I especially love Christmas when I get all of my shopping done early and I can actually enjoy the holiday season. This year I managed to not go to the mall between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I actually got most of my shopping done early and what I didn't, I ordered on line.

But did I mention the tree fiasco? The dead tree fiasco? Yeah, the first tree we got died. Like really dead. Luckily I managed to get it replaced at no cost without a recipe, but it was a lot of work... twice.


Jack met Santa at my grandmother's soon-to-be retirement home. And the nice part was it was free and included lunch. Did you know they want $25 for a picture with Santa at the mall? That seems nuts.


And Jack was fine with Santa, he actually really liked the beard. But I think the Elf freaked him out a little bit.


Christmas morning was great. Jack slept until almost 7 and then we all got up and found what Santa left.

Then the family came over and it was the Jack and Grace show. We had brunch, mimosas and bloody Mary's, and you know - brunch food. Jack did okay with opening presents, okay for a baby that is. Grace of course had a blast. And I must admit that I'm a little overwhelmed by all the toys and where to put them.

I am super excited that Jack got swimming lessons. They last for 20 weeks and will take us right into summer.


And I got a new camera lens! I go pick it up tomorrow but it will allow me to take good inside pictures in low light. I can't wait.


This year Christmas was all about Jack, which means that this year it was all about the baby love and that's the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment